Canadian Professional Immigration Services, Inc. - Federal Skilled Worker | Priority Occupation | Settlement Funds | Selection Criteria | Canadian Professional | Canadian Professional Philippines | Immigration Consultant Philippines | Canadian Immigration Philippines | Federal Skilled Worker | Arranged Employment Opinion | New Found Love | Family Sponsorship | Same Sex Immigration | Provincial Nominee Program

Applying as a skilled worker requires that you have enough funds to support yourself and your family when you arrive in Canada.
When you submit your application for the Federal Skilled Worker Class, you will be required to provide proof of funds to the Canadian Visa Office. This is because the Canadian Government does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

It is important for you to prove that you have enough money to support yourself and your accompanying dependents once you arrive in Canada while you are still without employment or other income. This money must be available and net of debts and other obligations. Significantly, this requirement is waived if you have Arranged Employment in Canada.

The required settlement funds are updated annually and are determined by the number of dependents you have. The following guidelines has been released on Dec. 15, 2010 by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC):

Number of Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,115
2 $13,837
3 $17,011
4 $20,654
5 $23,425
6 $26,419
7 or more $29,414